Howdy darlin’! This is my go-to veggie dip! It’s soooooo yummy and soooooo easy!
There are only 6 ingredients! Things you probably have on hand!
Mix all ingredients in a bowl…
Pour it in your serving dish..
Put in the fridge to chill overnight or at least a few hours. The flavors need to marinate, and it tastes best cold.
Wash and chop your favorite veggies!
Arrange the veggies and dip on a platter…
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes are sweet little baby pies that you bake in your muffin pan! They form their own crust which is more like a thin layer of tender cake. The centers are just like a pumpkin pie…deliciously moist and custard-like! If you love pumpkin pie you’ll love these little sweet treats!
To keep things tidy and to ensure that your cupcakes are the same size, try my tip by using a 1/3 dry-measuring cup to scoop and pour your batter into the muffin pan. I use the Baker’s Edge Better Muffin Pan…it’s amazing!! You don’t need cooking sprays or cupcake liners!
As with a pumpkin pie, these cupcakes are puffed up when you take them out of the oven but as they cool they settle a bit.
Aunt Ruthie’s Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
1 can (15 oz) Pumpkin Puree
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup evaporated milk (you can use the left-over 3/4 cup of milk in the can for a second batch of cupcakes!)
2/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1. Start by tying on a cute apron in a tidy kitchen and gather all of your ingredients before you begin.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Line your muffin pan with foil liners (not paper–they will stick). If you don’t have foil liners you need to use cooking spray. If you have the amazing Baker’s Edge Better Muffin Pan then you don’t need liners or non-stick spray.
4. In an electric mixer or bowl, mix together the pumpkin, sugar, eggs, vanilla and evaporated milk.
5. Stir in the flour, spices, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until smooth.
6. Fill each muffin cup with 1/3 cup of the pumpkin mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. After they cool put them in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill. I like them best cold!
*Top with fresh whipped cream, cream cheese frosting, or buttercream frosting. You can sprinkle the topping with a little cinnamon-sugar to make it extra pretty! Makes 12 yummy cupcakes.