Well, howdy-do Sugar Pie! I don’t know about you, but I’m sooooooo ready for the sunshine and warm breezes of summertime! Here in Southern Missouri we’ve had a long, cold winter…we even had snow at the beginning of May! So yes indeedy! Bring on the sunshine and pour the sweet tea y’all! I’ve already begun to dream about what I want to do this summer! Here’s the top 11 things on my wish list!
1. Grow my little salad and herb garden in my fun little horsey trough!
2. Go on a picnic or two (and bring some hand-pies!)
3. Make my favorite Plum Jam! My mouth is already watering!
4. Go on a road trip adventure!
5. Visit Laura Ingalls Wilder’s home in Mansfield, Missouri! (Only 1 hour from where I live!) I’ve been wanting to do this, so I’m putting this on my list!Photo Source: Williams-Sonoma
6. Try some new pie recipes!
7. Spend time with my adorable grand-babies! Kade, Johnny and my dolly Polly!
AND…welcome the birth of another grand-baby boy due at the end of June!
8. Sit and enjoy God’s amazing creation on the front porch…
9. Enjoy some healthy and refreshing strawberry water (just ice water with strawberry slices –or any fruit– and fresh mint)
10. Read something vintage-y and fun! –My pick is Welcome to the World Baby Girl by Fanny Flagg. This charming, down-home, Southern story revolves around good-hearted “Neighbor Dorothy”, who is a Radio Homemaker in the 1940’s. She cheerfully shares recipes, tips and the goings-on of her quaint and quirky small town life in Southern Missouri! Sounds like my kinda book!
11. I’ll also be writing down my dreams and ideas in this darling Cath Kidston Notebook. This is something that I love to do! (especially in a brand new notebook with fresh clean pages and a smooth writing pen!) I write down decorating ideas, product ideas, craft ideas, drawings of my antique-mall booth displays for the seasons, dreams and goals for the future, tips, quotes, words, anything and everything that inspires me. I found that by getting my ideas on paper I won’t forget them and they are more likely to become a reality. It’s good thing to find a quiet spot to think, reflect and daydream…for me, in the summertime, it’s on my front porch in the early morning or at dusk… just about when the fireflies start to twinkle in the hydrangeas.
Yes, these are very simple things that I’m looking forward to this summer…but don’t you think it’s the simple, sweet things that are such a blessing! How about you? What fun summer things are you looking forward to?
If you need some inspiration my Summer E-book is available again for a short time! I only make it available during the summer months so if you did not get it last year, here’s your chance!
If you’re a Sugar Pie Newbie, my E-book, Watermelon & Fireflies, is a sun-drenched, farm fresh, sweet-as-corn-on-the-cob adventure to the good ol’ summertime! It’s jam-packed with a bucket-full of fun ideas! Although there are recipes it’s way more than a cookbook! Each page is decorated in full color with vintage images, photos, charming quotes and of course 51 farm fresh ideas including family fun tips, recipes, decorating ideas, encouragement for homemakers and so much more! “Watermelon & Fireflies” is just drippin’ with sweet southern nostalgia like honey from a honeycomb!
The photo above is just a sampling of the 50 pages of pure, all-American nostalgia! If you don’t have it yet, I can’t wait for you to see all of the ideas I’ve gathered to bless your heart!
Here are just a few of the idea titles…(there are 51 ideas!);
*Breakfast in a bucket
*Rise and shine!
*Come and get it!
*Meet me at the fair!
*Farm-girl treasure hunt
*Dreamy strawberry butter
*Jingle bells in july
*Fresh farm style
*Have a summer pie party
*Yankee doodle macaroni salad
*Sweet wonderful you!
*Have a cow! (moo!)
*Fresh as a daisy
*Splashing good time!
*Going on a picnic!
Plus so many more! I’ve even included my recipe for Oh My Stars! Fresh Peach Pie…it’s my favorite pie EV-AH and everyones favorite! When you taste it you’ll squeal “OH MY STARS!”
Linda said… “I can’t imagine a better way to spend a Summer day than to relax in a cooling afternoon breeze with an iced cold glass of sweet tea, a jar of yummy ”Farm Wife Banana Pudding” and Ruthann’s new e-bookWatermelon and Fireflies. Jam-packed with the best that Sugar Pie Farmhouse has to offer, it’s a joy to read and sparks the imagination quicker than fireflies at sunset. It is charming, homey and conveys in the sweetest possible terms Ruthann’s love for home and family and it will inspire you to make the most of this summer with your family. It’s at the top of my summer reading list.” Linda Lee Sister-in-Law to sweet Ruthann
Marla Said… “What an incredibly delightful read! From the beautifully decorated pages to the precious stories and funny anecdotes, Watermelon and Firefliesmakes your heart sing and reminds you of all of the beauty of sweet summertime. Aunt Ruthie shares so many of her wonderful and creative ideas that inspire one to not let the season go by without “making a memory.” I’m excited to purchase this southern jewel for each of my grandmas, aunts, mom and sister and look forward to taking a little walk down memory lane with the women who were such an integral part of the summers of my childhood. Thank you Ruthann for sharing your amazing heart with your Sugar Pie Sistas! Marla Robison (Editor) Your Kindred Sista
Also included are 14 of my Sugar Pie Sisters Summertime ideas and sweet memories of summer’s past. When I read these I could almost feel the warm summer breeze flow across my face and taste the fresh blueberry pie! And I could almost hear Grandma hummin’ an old hymn as she hung her linens out on the line…the wind snappin’ the sheets…and the bees a-buzzin’.
I think you’ll find that Watermelon & Fireflies will remind you of an old fashioned country church picnic. The background graphics resemble homey kitchen tablecloths and the recipes are like the dishes women-folk of yesteryear would proudly set on the long tables, pot-luck style under the breezy shade of an old oak tree. The activities and ideas are family-friendly, easy on the pocket-book, and are sure to create many heartwarming memories and traditions.
Watermelon and Fireflies is an E-book that you download and read on your computer or ipad. You can print it out and put it in a binder or bind it like I did; After printing it on quality Premium paper, I put the pages inside plastic Sheet Protectors and then tied them together with 3 strips of wide gingham ribbon. If you cut the ribbon at a slant it’s easy to thread it through each hole and tie a double knot to secure it. Tied together with ribbons adds to the vintage, down-on-the-farm look. I also slipped a sheet of poster-board behind the front and back cover to give it a firmer, hardback feel.
So for a limited time only, I’m offering Watermelon & Fireflies for $9.95… a 50% discount from the original price. This discount will be available during the summer months and will expire on August 15, 2013. To get your copy and to receive the 50% discount click here or click the giant pink button below. Once you’ve purchased the E-Book, you’ll receive an email with all the download instructions. Just so there’s no confusion, I want all my sisters to know that this is a PDF document that you can download to your computer. This is NOT a printed book that you’ll be receiving by mail. Due to the fact that this is a digital download, I won’t be able to accept any refunds. If you have any questions about your download you can contact my son Dusty at (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please know that he has a full time job, a wife, a toddler and a baby due at the end of June so it may take a few days for him to get back to you. He helps me with my computer stuff out of the goodness of his heart when he has a few moments to spare!
Summertime is full of so many wonderful blessings! I’m always so thankful for the beauty and down-home simple pleasures that the Lord blesses us with in each season! I’m also so thankful that you stopped by and when you leave me a comment to say hello! I would love to know what fun stuff you are looking forward to this summer! AND I would also love to read about your sweet memories of summer’s past …things you did back in the day that still warm your heart today! Please, oh, please with a cherry on top…do share!!
Have a blessed day honey and may God Bless your darlin’ heart!
Sugar and hugs!