Yes! The secret is out! Welcome gals to the unveiling of my new Blog and Web Site! I just want to shout Hooray and Yippee!! This has been a work in progress for a long time…..and now it is here! Wooooo Hooooo! I hope you agree that my son Dusty did an amazing job! I knew from the time He was a little man that God blessed him with the gift of creativity! I gave my dear friend Cat from The Vintage Housewife a sneak peek and she said it was like “Disneyland for Mama’s” I love that!! She also said “Dusty Rocks!”. I couldn’t agree more!
I can’t wait for y’all to come on in and take a look around! I have a page titled Blue Ribbon Product Reviews where I will be sharing, via video, some of my favorite products that have blessed my heart and home. Please keep in mind I am just a regular mom talking to you as if you stopped by, my dear sista, for a piece of pie and a cup of tea…….I am certainly not a seasoned professional in front of the camera, it’s just little ol’ me chatting about things I love so much I want to marry’em!
You will notice that the Banner says, Aunt Ruthie’s Sugar Pie Farmhouse….my blog page is still Warm Pie, Happy Home (which includes all of my archives), but it is now under the umbrella of Aunt Ruthie’s Sugar Pie Farmhouse. I added the name Aunt Ruthie…because it sounds old fashioned and homey, it also has a warm and welcoming ring to it…and that is how I want you to feel when you come to visit me at my farmhouse, like we are all part of one big happy family! I also love the name Sugar Pie…besides the fact that I love to make pie, my hope is that you’ll find lots of heartwarming ideas that will help you make your home as sweet as Sugar Pie!
And y’all know that “Farmhouse” is my style…down-home, comfy, homey and cozy. And since I live in the Ozarks, on an old cattle farm, it just seemed to make sense!
Aunt Ruthie’s Sugar Pie Farmhouse is just at the beginning stages…in the coming weeks and months we will be adding more recipes, new categories, home decor, Christian Inspiration, and many more ideas that I hope will encourage you in your adventures in homemaking! We just wanted to get this baby up and running!
*If you have Warm Pie Happy Home on a Blog-Roll please change the URL to sugarpiefarmhouse.com
Now for the Sugar Pie Sisterhood giveaway!! If you sign up to be one of the Sugar Pie Sisters you will be entered into a drawing to win five fabulous prizes!! By joining you be “in the know” about new product reviews, Aunt Ruthie’s give-aways, recipes, special announcements and any of her “sweet-as-sugar pie” offers!
It’s free y’all! Come on, be my sista! The last day to sign-up for the give away will be April 8, 2009.
Here are those fab prizes I was telling you about…
1. The Farm Chicks In The Kitchen Book! If you look up the word adorable in the dictionary I’m pretty sure you’ll find a picture of The Farm Chicks book! Every turn of the page is a delight to the eyes! Not only does it have recipes such as Cherry Breakfast Swirl, Butterscotch Pie, and Enchilada Soup, but there are darling storage tips and decorating ideas that will inspire you to doll up your home! Teri and Serena also share their fascinating life stories. They are just the sweetest farm-gals ever! Included in the book you also receive a free one year subscription to Country Living magazine!
Look at how cute the Farm Chicks book looks in my kitchen!
2. A Sterling Silver “Pie Mama” necklace and pie charm! How adorable is this!! It is handmade by a sweet Texas gal named Jennifer from Her Southern Charm!. (Check out her etsy shop click here! Jennifer even makes custom necklaces…each one unique and charming! If you don’t win today’s giveaway but would love a Pie Mama necklace (designed exclusively for Warm Pie, Happy Home) then click here! Thank you Jennifer for designing such a dear-to-my-heart necklace and for providing it for my give-away!
3. An honest-to-goodness Mary Janes Farm apron! You just gotta love that Mary Jane!
Here’s Miss Mary Jane looking so daisy-fresh and summer-sweet!
If you are new to Mary Janes Farm, she has a lot to teach us about the farm-girl life!
4. A set of Mother Hen measuring spoons! A must have in every Farmhouse! I love to prepare meals and bake with pretty utensils and bowls…it just adds a little joy and a dash of delight to the whole experience!
5. Old-Time Farmhouse Cooking Book by Barbara Swell. This folksy little booklet is a sweet sampler of recipes, stories, vintage photos and Grandmotherly advice. Rural American goodies such as Mrs. Beaman’s Ginger Snaps, Farmer’s Apple Cake, and Verna’s Icebox Butter Buns are just a few of the homey treats found in this dear little book. If you like reading cookbooks this one takes the cake!”
There you have it girls! I would soooooo love it if you would tell all your friends about my new home-place, the give-away and the Sugar Pie Sisterhood! (if you would like to grab a picture from this post to share with other gals feel free!) Remember the last day to sign up for the give-away is April 8, 2009.
I also would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and let me know how y’all like Aunt Ruthie’s Sugar Pie Farmhouse!
Hugs and blessings!
Ruth Ann (aka Aunt Ruthie!!)